<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Cori reporting: We had the MOST fabulous day yesterday. Early am we got in the doggymobile for the two hour ride north. A ride is a fantastic thing by itself. But then we got to hang out at "the cabin" all day, had two or three short walks and then the crowning glory: a walk down the causeway between the two sides of the lake. Nothing is more heavenly...

You have animal smells at every turn. You see birds and frogs and sometimes bigger animals - a fox, a beaver, something rustling in the tall grass... Then about halfway up the causeway you get to go for a dip in the lake - by then you really need it! I go right in and plunk myself down immediately so I don't have to bend down for a drink of that pure nectar - lake water.

Then a nice long walk back to the house...

I even got a second dip in the lake when we returned, then a long nap, part of a hamburger, some biscuits, another long nap and then the long car ride home.

We were EXHAUSTED when we got home. Had barely enough energy to eat a late supper and then we all slept through the night without twitching a paw. We also slept all day today.

This late afternoon we got another car ride and another walk at another of our favorite walking places - Royal River Park in Yarmouth. I was fascinated by a baseball game at a nearby ballpark. Wonder what that's all about? I especially like the flying ball.

These certainly are the glory days...

Unfortunately my tummy has been upset today. I ate a bunch of grass and had a very bile-y vomit session this morning and another one this afternoon. And I'm a bit off my food. I got an extra pepcid this evening and a while later they gave me some turkey which I gobbled (no pun intended) right down. Moral of the story: It pays to hold out for the good stuff.






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?